removable media

rg grant at tuins.ac.jp
Wed Oct 22 11:05:17 UTC 2003

>2. 32Meg samsung usb jumpdrive:  Same /dev/sda and /dev/sdb errors, the
>floppy drive is accessed, and it doesn't add to /etc/fstab nor automount.

Haven't been paying close attention to this point these days, but don't
these things still have to be dealt with manually first go?  I mean
making a manual fstab entry, creating a mount point, and then, after
that, mounting the thing however you like?  Or has something marvelous
changed? Does seem that now once an entry has been added to the fstab,
the mountpoint specificed therein immediately appears in the Disks
submenu when you right click on yoru GNOME desktop...

rg