Speakup in kernel

Wed Oct 22 15:52:46 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Oh, it's clear RH has no intention. What is now also clear is that the
> reasoning is highly suspect. In fact, prejudicial against persons with
> disabilities. Not hard to make that case from this thread.

This is a joke, right?

In the end, redhat owns their distribution, and they will include what
they want, and not include what they don't want to.  I really doubt that
whining will change this as much as creative suggestions.  Nothing is
stopping anyone from installing a speakup kernel.

I applaud every effort to support those with disabilities, but coming on
the mailing list to try to force redhat's hand?  It just isn't going to
happen.

 -- noah silva