problems using grub

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 23 01:54:49 UTC 2003

If you are doing RAID1, then in your grub.conf file entry:

kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2097.nptl ro root=/dev/md1
initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2097.nptl.img

The key parameter is passing root=/dev/md1 (or whatever your RAID device
configuration is for the root partition of the RAIDed disks). I use RAID
1 with 2 hard disks, and mirror /boot and /, and never had a problem I
couldn't fix. Sometimes it just takes a little experimentation and try,
try again.

Bob