Compiling 2.6.0

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Thu Oct 23 09:36:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:45:18PM +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> Arjan at Redhat has been making nice 2.5/2.6 RPMs for a while.  Thank you
> Arjan.
>
> Works good for me, except I can't compile the nVidia closed source driver with
> it yet, even with the minion.de advice :-/
Getting it working looks tricky. I think it _might_ work if you add
__attribute__ ((regparm (2))) or so to every function declaration inside the
nvidia driver.

That or __attribute__ ((regparm (3))) for every kernel function the driver
calls and compiling without -mregparm=3.

Or recompiling the kernel rpm without -mregparm=3

Ugh... my head hurts...

--
Pekka Pietikainen