supermount or equiv?

DAVID BALAZIC david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Thu Oct 23 11:08:32 UTC 2003

>MagicDev.  Comes with redhat, turned on by deafult, and mostly works.

Mostly :-)

>> >So I can tell my newbie friend and he can stop using windoze.
>>
>> Instead of mounting on insert, I use mounitng on use.
>> I use the automounter to do that.
>
>Kind of hard to have things like auto-run then.

He did not say he wants auto-run.
auto-run sux :-)

>> No buggy demon running around(magicdev), wasting RAM and doing
>> strange things to the hardware. It just works(TM).
>
>Well thi sis confusing an idea with implementation.  If it doesn't work,
>it should be fixed, not trashed.

Ni it isn't. He asked for an implementation of an idea
and I presented a good(IMHO) implementation.

Why try to fix magicdev, when automount already works ?

--
David Balazic
E-mail   : david.balazic at uni-mb.si   |     living in  sLOVEnija