PROFTPD

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 23 16:23:37 UTC 2003

Res said:
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Chris Ricker wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Res wrote:
>>
>> > ProFTPd has always had a good security track record
>>
>> That's true. I don't think a remote root exploit has found in it more
>> recently than four weeks ago.
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> later,
>> chris
>
> twas local IIRC. and the first in how long  :)

I fail to see how shipping three versions with the same exploit is any
different than having three exploits in three versions.

History of discovered exploits (you do realize they are in the code before
they are "discovered", right?) is no indication of exploits that currently
exist.

--
William Hooper