Update oddities / broken libs?

Lauri Jutila lists at reforge.fi
Fri Oct 24 06:41:13 UTC 2003

After Fedora's yum repository resurrection, I did yum update to upgrade
to new stuff. While yum/rpm was installing/upgrading new packages, it
spat out this error msg:

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libstrstd.so.51 is not an ELF file - it has the
wrong magic bytes at the start.

Broken libs somewhere? Interesting error since libstrstd.so.51 doesn't
belong to any package.

  $ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libstrstd.so.51
  file /usr/lib/libstrstd.so.51 is not owned by any package

RPMFind.net didn't either know such a file belonging to anywhere and
Google gave no significant results. I'm guessing I don't have to worry
about this, right? :)

Will file to bugzilla if necessary.

--
Lauri Jutila