gnome-panel weird behavior

DAVID BALAZIC david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Fri Oct 24 13:11:12 UTC 2003

First , I am not fluent in GNOME terminology ...
I a fresh fedota t3 system , on the GNOME desktop :

right click an entry in start menu ( I used "System Tools / Terminal" ) and
select "Add this launcher to panel" in the popup menu. In my case the launcher
appeared between the "windows-buttons"(*) area and the "Volume Control" icon,
the windows-buttons area was squashed to a size of the other icons on the status
bar ( right of the virtual desktop selektor/monitor ), right to it was the newly added
terminal launcher, then a large empty space and finally the volume
control on its old place.

This is not exactly how I would expect it to work. I had to rearrange the items
manually to a useful configuration.

Regards,
David Balazic

* - usually the larges part of the "task bar", where button appear for each
displayed window ...