Java crashes thoug I export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL, Domino works now

Rainer Traut rainer.traut at epost.de
Fri Oct 24 13:15:35 UTC 2003

Keith Sharp wrote:

Sorry for being late but thank you for your answers.
Problem I still think is, that the
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL varaiable is getting ignored.

I don't know if this was intention from Redhat or is really a bug?

My intention was/is to run lotus domino on either fedora or RHES3.0.
Tried on both, on both the old java 1.3.1 crashes.

Java 1.3.1 is shipped with domino (and somehow integrated) but I managed
to get it running by replacing the shipped one with 1.42.02 now.

Now I'm running not only on unsupported OS but also a no more original
Domino... ;)

Domino ignores any JAVA_HOME Variables, it uses its own dir structure
and comes with his own wrapper.

So I had to do some symbolic links and copy some files as the dir
structure changed from 1.31 to 1.42.
Now Domino runs with jre1.42.

If anybody here is interested I will tell.
Mail me for that.

But question is still there:
Is it intention to ignore LD_ASSUME_KERNEL ?

> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 21:06, Edward Muller wrote:
>
>>I tend to create a java.sh file in /etc/profile.d with the following
>>lines:
>>
>>export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_01
>>PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
>>
>>If you use csh you will need to create java.csh instead.
>

> This probably won't do what you expect.  I guess you will still be
> picking up the java installed as part of the GCJ package as
> /usr/bin/java.  What happens if you run "type -a java" from a bash
> prompt?
>

>>P.S. I really wish the sun rpms would do something like this.

Yes, that is missing!

Thank you
Rainer