[FEDORA] Re: Realplayer

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 25 01:53:23 UTC 2003

On October 24, 2003 08:55 pm, Dennis Gilmore , <Dennis Gilmore
<dennis at ausil.us>> wrote:

> > http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

> > > http://www.cs.trinity.edu/ftp/pub/RedHat9-Software-Additions/
> >
> > Elton ;-)
>
> the community released Helix player is now available at www.helixplayer.org
>   you do need to register.  but it is a version  you can get the source
> code for and work on if you want.  It also includes a plugin for Mozilla
>  but they havent set the mime types quite right.  one of them make it think
> rpm packages are intended to be run through helixplayer.

Actually gxine handles realaudio / realvideo stuff, too, and *it* also has
a habit of trying to load rpm files. In that case, I have to RMB and do
"save as" to download the file. I'll look into Helix anyway. The name
is familiar, and I probably read a bit of it in my wanderings on the 'net.

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.