Security Level Configuration (Other ports)

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 06:57:51 UTC 2003

On Oct 26, 2003, at 7:31 PM, alton bailey wrote:

> in the space at the bottom of the firewall cfg just type tcp:177 and
> so on to open whatever port you wish

Thanks Alton-

I must be missing something... In the Security Level Configuration app,
there is no place to type anything... There are 5 checkboxes for
www,ftp,ssh,telnet, and SMTP, and then check boxes to select my trusted
devices.

As I understand it, the RH9 version of the Security Level Configuration
app DID have a box that would allow you to type exactly as described...
Unfortunately in the latest release of Fedora, it is simply not there.
I can't think of any reason why Red Hat would have removed it...

-Sean