gnome-cd player

Clifford Snow glass-art at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 01:09:09 UTC 2003

This is probably a lack of knowledge, but I just got a new cd that I
wanted to listen to.  When I loaded the cd, gnome-cd started but just
sat there showing the title of the first song.  It appears that gnome-cd
does not automatically start playing.  gnome-cd starts, but does not
play, even with the preferences set to play on startup or from command
line gnome-cd --play.

Also, when you get it to play, it only plays one track, then waits for
the user to do something.  I would expect it to continue to play until
the end of the cd.  Same as most stand alone cd players.

A bugzilla search did not turn up any issues on gnome-cd (part of
gnome-media.) At least not against Fedora.

So what am I doing wrong?  Is this by design?

--
Clifford Snow
glass-art at comcast.net