GPG question:where on the system are my key-pairs?

Tue Oct 28 23:06:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 16:28, Elton Woo wrote:
> On October 28, 2003 03:30 pm, Marc Schwartz , <Marc Schwartz
> <MSchwartz at MedAnalytics.com>> wrote:
> > Have you looked in ~/.gnupg
> Thank you. I was aware of the directory, but I was comparing apples
> to oranges (confusing the rawhide pgp keys with my own)!
>
> ("if I only had a brain" ...)
>
> Elton ;-)
>
> (...who should use "Scarecrow" as his nickname...)

No problem.

There is a pretty good tutorial and FAQ at:

http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/index.html

and a good privacy guide, which reviews many of the basic concepts, at:

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html

Alternatively, there are books on the system from various authors if you
want a more in-depth understanding of the system, its strengths and
weaknesses.  One of the better ones is Applied Cryptography by Bruce
Schneier.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz