rhgb

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Oct 29 13:10:36 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 05:23:52PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Erik Englund (erik.orebro at telia.com) said:
> > hmm i searched the archive, didn't find anything...
> >
> > and this is really disturbing! rhgb should print out all failures as
> > default, and guess that wouldn't be to hard to fix either.
>
> Edit /etc/init.d/functions, at the end of failure(), before
> the return, add:
>
>    [ -x /usr/bin/rhgb-client ] && /usr/bin/rhgb-client --details=yes
>
> Work ok for you?
>
> Bill

This works almost ok, except it also runs rhgb-client when no graphical
boot is in progress. Might I suggest this modification:

  if [ "$GRAPHICAL" = "yes" -a -x /usr/bin/rhgb-client ]; then
    /usr/bin/rhgb-client --details=yes
  fi

Is an addition along this line being considered for an update to the
initscripts package or should I enter it as a RFE ?

David Jansen