Up2Date still having problems...

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 29 22:36:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 16:32, James J. Ramsey wrote:
> Rawhide is good for updating betas, but terrible as a
> repository for stable updates. I hope there is at
> least some way of getting ordinary straight-up
> security updates, whether via RHN or a YUM channel.

Like I mentioned, you should expect the fedora.us site and many others
to carry this sort of thing, probably Red Hat too for that matter. It
may not be part of RHN though; just a yum repository (and/or apt).

> What I wonder is how come the blue checkmark in the
> RHN applet never turns red when updates are available?

Must be a local configuration problem on your end; mine works fine on my
net-connected testing box. Have you checked your
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources? Check the archive for hints if necessary.
Cheers,
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE