Up2date hangs caused by redhat-config-network packages

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 30 14:15:24 UTC 2003

Peter Boy said:
> Am Do, den 30.10.2003 schrieb Gerry Tool um 01:52:
>> I persisted in using up2date to try to get all of today's updates, and
>> found that the packages causing the hangs after download are the two
>> redhat-config-network packages.  Everything else installed successfully.
>
> This is due to a well known problem with up2date not beeing able to
> resolve dependencies under some circumstances. While running up2date you
> should watch tail -f /var/log/up2date.

Someone @redhat.com said they were having sync issues.  Most people
reporting this actually have HTML pages that get downloaded (404 errors),
but if you go to http://ftp.redhat.com you can download the file
correctly.  Sounds like the headers are out of sync with the file
locations.

--
William Hooper