issue with gpm

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Fri Oct 31 13:52:11 UTC 2003

I had an issue with gpm - want to see if others have it as well.

Steps to reproduce:
boot to runlevel 5
hop to VC1
try mouse (mine did nothing)

What I did:
went to runlevel 3 (gpm stopped and restarted) - no change
went to runlevel 1 then back to 3 (ibid, no change)

Initial install of T3 was w/3 button PS/2

I fixed it by running mouseconfig and setting the mouse to 2-button PS/2
with emulation.  (BTW - a "service gpm restart" did nothing).  This fixed it
- but if I go in and set up for a 3 button PS/2 gpm then fails
_occasionally_.  If I flop back and forth between 2-button and 3-button I
get very inconsistent behaviour.  It seems to be working now so this is
going to be a tough one to bugzilla.

System is an IBM StinkPad A21m (3 button PS/2)

Don