Mouse redetected

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Oct 31 17:58:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:42, Don wrote:
> I had a similar experience on my laptop... kudzu detected a "new PS/2
> mouse"... I said yes, go ahead.. blah blah ... next thing I know, my USB
> attached wheel mouse stopped working.... I now have to use the touchpad on
> the laptop.

I'm in the same boat as you -- It's rather annoying to have to logout of
X and re-run the mouse configuration when ever I dock my machine.

You can use redhat-config-mouse to switch between your USB device
(external mouse) and your PS/2 device (built-in touchpad).  But I'm
*positive* that RH9 allowed me to use both at the same time.

I didn't have any luck finding this in Bugzilla last I looked... nor did
I file it (bad Ben, bad, bad!)

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves