Follow-up: problem loading php dynamic libraries

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 09:47:54 UTC 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 07:58:44AM +0700, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> As reported by Dave in msg01083:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-August/msg01083.html
>
> I have ascertained that something PHP builds against broke sometime
> after PHP 4.3.2-6 was built but before PHP 4.3.2-7 was; the former
> worked fine but upon upgrading to PHP 4.3.2-7, no dynamic libraries
> work.
>
> I have tried rebuilding PHP 4.3.2-7 and -5 but the symptom persists.
> This is rather annoying as I have to rebuild PHP with dBase support to
> migrate an old database, and now I could get dBase to work (rebuild
> source RPM with --enable-dbase in the spec file) but MySQL is broken.

The problem is that the symbols aren't exported by libphp4.so when they
should be - it's not yet clear to me why this happens.  You're saying
that if you *rebuild* -5 then it also has this problem?  (Whereas the
original -5 package worked)

> Which product should I file a bugzilla report against? PHP, or should I
> try downgrading httpd first? The problem does not seem to be related to
> the Apache upgrade.

It was filed already as #103690, it's a bug in the php package.

Regards,

joe