RH10 multimedia support

Rainer Hattenhauer Rainer.Hattenhauer at t-online.de
Mon Sep 8 05:36:15 UTC 2003

Regarding the whole multimedia struggle:
Wouldn't it be useful to to integrate the apt-get for rpm tool (perhaps in
combination with synaptic) in the RH distro? (I'm a great fan of this
software;-))In this case, you could push the responsibility to the user to
install or not install critical software. Perhaps you could not fill out the
/var/apt/sources.list to circumvent problems with lawyers.

Besides all discussion here, I'm wondering about how the guys of SuSE are
managing the multimedia problem: they have java integrated, and as far as I
remember, for installation of the flash plugin, there is a small script that
leads to the macromedia page (if not included in SUSE, there is such
perl-script in the Knoppix-Livesystem at www.knoppix.de, so you could have a
look at it)

Greetings,
                    Rainer