Sept. 15th Announcement?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 15 18:44:34 UTC 2003

On September 15, 2003 02:15 pm, Epps, Aaron M. "Epps, Aaron M."
<Epps.Aaron at mayo.edu> wrote:
> Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of announcement today from Red Hat
> regarding the "Red Hat Linux Project"?

>From http://rhl.redhat.com/

"Red Hat wants to thank the community for embracing this new project. We have
received a lot of interest, comments, and questions, which have resulted in
us rethinking some of our initial plans.

Some things we are working on before we relaunch are:

    * Collaborating with existing projects to avoid duplication of effort
    * Incorporating community suggestions and feedback

We expect to have more information for you by September 15th."

However, the day isn't over yet. ... or else everyone at Red Hat is
(PROBABLY) still tied up with concerns such as SCO vs linux,
Thompson's fuzzy signals WRT mp3 code, etc., etc...

"Patience is virture, and virture is grace..." as I was often told.
hang in there, dude!  You're not the only one who's becoming
impatient. FWIW, there doesn't seem to be any signs of beta2,
yet...

Elton ;-)   [:>\   [ ... not a terribly patient person]
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.