Problem with Loki games on Severn

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Sep 16 21:25:06 UTC 2003

Hi,

davej at redhat.com said:
> Still ironing out some wrinkles. Let me know if 2049 fares any better.

I'm happy to report that heroes3 works fine again with 2049.  I observe the
same behaviour as Julio Sanchez mentioned, i.e. it works for all settings
of exec-shield except 2.

Good job, thanks a bunch. :-)

Now, if anyone could kindly explain why it works with exec-shield == 3
(always-enabled) and dies with exec-shield == 2 (default enabled, except
binaries that disable it)...  That doesn't make sense to me.

On the downside, kohan is still a dead duck, but that is no big surprise:
it was a dead duck in RH 9 too.  My kids' computer is running kohan fine
in RH 9, but I think I did not patch kohan with the updates provided on
Loki's site on that machine.  I'll have to try to reinstall from the CD,
and see what happens...

Thanks again,
					Christian