Severn mouse died

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 22 05:39:49 UTC 2003

> I failed at installing Flash player because it kept asking for the path of
> mozilla but wouldn't take it.

  There's a bug in the installer script.  For some reason, it usually won't
accept /usr/lib/mozilla as the install directory even though that's the
default.  When I gave it /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4, it was OK with that.  All the
installer does is copy two files into the plugins directory.  Once they're
copied, you can just move them into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory
and flash works fine.  In fact, once you untar the flash installer, you
can just copy the two files directly without running the installer, which
is more trouble than it's worth.