What are consequences (the lack of freedom on the USA)

Vidyut Luther vid at linuxpowered.com
Mon Sep 22 22:20:45 UTC 2003

wow... talk about instigating stuff.

You are entitled to your opinions obviously, and so am I. But, please
don't bring your political beliefs on this list. I was there when the
towers went down, and I was there afterwards.. I helped with the clean
up.. until you've picked up an arm, a leg, a hand or a head of a man
from rubble, you have no idea what the madness was all about.

Death is death, whether in America or in any other country. You pissing
people off with your statements will not resolve anything. The members
of this list did nothing to hurt you, we didn't say anything to bring
back painful memories.. please do the same for us. I really don't see
what you wanted to achieve with the email.. but please don't do it
again. It really doesn't help the project any.

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 17:11, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> Em Seg, 2003-09-22 às 18:54, Alan Cox escreveu:
> > Fedora being US based is not a solution and was not a solution for those
> > non US citizens entitled to use some things that US citizens are forbidden.
> > Its no different to everything else - multiregion DVD players are the norm
> > except in the USA, but that doesn't mean US citizens can safely import
> > them or that the ability to import them 'solves the problem'
> >
> > For non US citizens solving the problem means solving it outside the USA
> > without US companies help.
>
> It's very ironic. The country that claims to be "free", where people
> **think** that have freedom to do anything they want, can't use a
> inofensive DVD disc made on another region, or can't listen to MP3
> music.
>
> I would like to know when the american people will wake up, and see that
> they are made from the same sh*t that other people around the world, and
> that AMERICANS ARE NOT FREE.
> The CIA read your emails, listen to your phone calls. Your TV says what
> you have to think, to use, to watch, to dress, to eat, to drink, to
> vote. You are nothing but poor robots that thinks that control the
> world.
>
> It's sad to say, but like all the people on the world, I loved to see
> the two WTC towers going down.
>

> Regards,
> Thiago
>
> p.s. I'm glad that I was not born on the USA. I have culture and
> intelligence. Nobody says what I have to do.
>

> --
Vidyut Luther <vid at linuxpowered.com>
Linuxpowered