Status of RHN Subscriptions

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 19:58:43 UTC 2003

I'm responding with my best understanding based on the latest
information I have.  I believe it to be correct, but it is not
an official statement of Red Hat.  As a paid RHN subscriber,
you can always ask questions via rhn-feedback (click on "help"
and then on "Contact RHN" while logged in on RHN) if you have
more questions.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 08:55:55AM -0500, Paul Morgan wrote:
> If I bought the boxed set of Red Hat Linux and purchased subscriptions
> to RHN, what happens next?
>
> Do I lose up2dates for the remainder of my subscription?

No, you do not lose the service.

> Do I renew my subscription (one expires in a week or two)?

Yes, you may do so.

> Do my paid subscriptions get bumped up to RHEL WS?

No.  They are good for Red Hat Linux (while updates are
available for it) and will transfer to RHN service for
Fedora Core.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/