A plea to the persistent top posters.

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Tue Sep 23 21:04:56 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 13:53, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
>   Never heard of this feature.  Sounds intriguing.  The only problem
> I might see with it (depending on how it's implemented) is that I
> often like to have an entire message included in my composer and
> selectively trim and respond to individual portions below the
> relevant portion and [snip]ping other parts out.  Now a mail client
> with the ability to highlight *multiple* parts of a message you're
> replying to within the compose window and have it do all the snipping
> and interleaving...THAT would be cool. Like:
>    Highlight various portions of the message
>    Right click on one highlighted passage and select, 'reply to this
> passage' Small window or pane in the current window opens and you
> type your reply Repeat last two steps 'til your done

Right, I'd like to at least see the multi-highlight work, so it quotes
multiple parts.  Even still it's not too bad to highlight the smallest
amount that captures enough of what you want to quote, then just
intersperse your reply throughout the commented portion. (thats what I
did here)

> Disclaimer: This was an off-the-cuff post.  I don't claim that this
> comes anywhere *near* HIG compliance or that it wouldn't be a
> nightmare to implement.  ;-)

True, but off-the-cuff ideas are what bring good and cool features into
our applications.  Don't be afraid to sound outthere w/ an idea (;

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: