How about major and minor releases

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 07:17:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 06:48, seth vidal wrote:
> > I believe both of these are in the plans. Fedora Alternatives can have
> > any kind of kernel somebody wants to maintain in there, as long as they
> > stick to the basic project guidelines and standards.
>
> Well, I think there is some amount of a requirement for glibc and things
> to play along with the stock kernels. If I remember correctly,
> installing a vanilla kernel on rhl 9 will cause hot flaming death of
> nptl and make an array of things just a lot unhappy.

Of course, such a Fedora Alternative would have to contain enough
packages to actually work. As such it might need to have a glibc package
if it has kernel changes that need glibc support.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a short-sighted amnesiac paramedic with nothing left to lose. She's a
bloodthirsty Buddhist detective with the power to bend men's minds. They fight
crime!