OK, so it's the Fedora Project, but is it still called Red HatLinux?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Sep 24 13:59:30 UTC 2003

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> has none of the guarantees of a commercial product; but also, it
> should have more packages and be more up to date than RHL was. RHEL has
> guarantees and features much more in line with what people traditionally
> expect from an OS

It would be interesting to here from some 3rd party driver developers (liek
Nvidia, LSI Logic, etc) about this split.  Wonder if they'll shy away from
Fedora driver support and only support RHEL.   Sounds like a lot of
pro-linux hardware/software companies _need_ to be on the Fedora Steering
Committe.  I see this as the new "United Linux" but with more openness for
ye who doesn't work for the 'man' ;-).  Is there a petition going on right
now tying to get members of this new "United Linux"?  Can we see who's
signed up so far and what they'd like their responsibilities be?

-eric wood