What are consequences (the lack of freedom on the USA)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 21:37:06 UTC 2003

> The point being, toolkit choice does not make an app ugly or bad. The
> fact that it looks/acts different also doesn't make it bad. Personaly I

It tends to make it bad when you measure it in terms of convenience for
accessibility tools (custom widget people never seem to get around to adding
the ATK hooks) and also standards compliance. Actually doing it *right* is
lacking in many but not all of the "we own your desktop" UI apps.

>From a Red Hat point of view the lack of accessibility is a *big deal*, and
I suspect as a lot of the readers of this list get older they'll begin to
find some of the accessibility stuff useful too.