test2 initial reactions

Michael Fulbright msf at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 14:51:24 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 05:28, Gene C. wrote:
> 1. Option for selecting individual packages during install seems to be missing
> (bugzilla 105646).

Intentional. We recommend using redhat-config-packages if you have
additional software to install not covered by the component groups
screen.  We're going to a model where everything interesting (as the
designer of the comps file deems it) has to be in a component group in
the comps file.  I think it makes more sense for interactive use to get
through the install quickly w/o alot of questions and then use a tool
designed for the task (in this case, redhat-config-packages) to complete
the operation.

You can still turn on individual packages in kickstart as always.

Michael Fulbright
msf at redhat.com