Gaim changes

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Sat Sep 27 14:37:33 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:57:14AM -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> I'm waiting to see what's in the changelog for 0.69.  I see a tar.gz
> file up in the download section, but very little other information.
> 0.68 _is_ in the tree, waiting to be pushed to the public.

The best way to see the changelog is to browse the CVS tree in SourceForge.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gaim/gaim/ChangeLog?rev=1.786&view=markup

is the version from the 0.69 release.

Among other important changes, MSN support is updated to the MSN Protocol
version 9, SSL support was added (through NSS or gnutls), Jabber supports SSL,
Contact (aka Meta-Contact, aka Buddy Mergin) support was added, the perl
signal problems were fixed, Yahoo support was improved (although right now
has stopped working due to Yahoo changing their protocol again), and, as
always, a bunch of new translations.

John Thacker