Can I use up2date to update my Severn 9.0.93 to 9.0.94?

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 27 15:52:06 UTC 2003

Hello Alexandre,

Sorry, but I am loosing you here. Could you explain this in a little more
detail please? Maybe even a step by step?

> I don't think so, but if you create a tarball of your rawhide tree
> plus disc1 of the previous beta (for the stage and boot images),

 Just RedHat/RPMS and RedHat/base? By the way, I also downloaded the
remaining Severn RPMS. Can I put these in the tree as well (I guess so)?

> create hard-links with the names of the iso files

 Hard links from where to where? The new severn iso images have the same
name as the previous ones. Or do I have to link to the tar archive???

> and rsync them from
> an rsync server that carries the isos, you'll be amazed at how quickly
> you can get the isos :-)  WORKSFORME

 Where can I find such an rsync server?

 By the way, I don't see how this procedure would result in iso's, but
that's probably because I am missing the point. If you could explain this a
little more elaboratly I would appreciate that highly. TIA.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!