Evolution under Fedora Core release 0.94

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Mon Sep 29 13:28:25 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 22:15, Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 17:26, Gerry Tool wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 15:04, Jim Drabb wrote:
> > > Is anyone else having problems with evolution-1.4.4-7 using Fedora Core
> > > release 0.94 (Severn)?  It just hangs on me all the time, I have not be
> > > able to use it at all.
> >
> > I had those problems the first day test2 was installed.  Then it settled
> > down, and the only thing I did was copy over my contacts folder from
> > RHL9. Has been rock solid since then.
>
> This basically mirrors my experience. The first day installed test2 I
> had many hangs.
>
> But, Evolution has been rock solid ever since.

I thought the same, but then realized XE was "rock solid" because I
wasn't using the calendar function like I was at the beginning. Rather,
I was only using the mail client part. Try using the calendar and
contacts functions, then switch back to the in-box. XE will then hang on
exit almost every time!

This makes sense to me because I have also noticed that XE will not
automatically remember that alarmed calendar dates have already been
alarmed when backing up and restoring the evolution folder. After it has
gone through all of the old dates, this function apparently isn't called
anymore.

The killev function will clean it up though.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,