configuring up2date for apt repository

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Mon Sep 29 14:16:49 UTC 2003

Ok, I installed the 9.0.93 APT package, and corrected the fedora URL to 0.93
instead of 9.0.93. Then I added the path for livna.org. That's all working.
However, apt-get upgrade complains about some macromedia stable repo. It's no in
my /etc/apt/sources file, and is being picked up from fedora.us somewhere, as I
saw it before adding livna.org to my sources. Doesn't seem to be affecting
anything though.

So I should benow be able to stay current with patches using apt or up2date,
right? Are there any apt applets like the rhn-applet?

I think RHN/up2date is great, but since I can't see myself paying, I'd like to
have an alternative that won't involve me using Red Hat's network resources
without paying for them. (Since the main reason for the whole reorganization
seems to be supporting the free RHL product was costing too much money, I'll
leave the RHN network to the paying customers)