problems with samba 3

Jay Fenlason fenlason at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 14:37:53 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 08:32:13AM +0200, Rainer Hattenhauer wrote:
> >Did you try the SignOrSeal registry fix on the XP box?  I'm not sure
> >if it's still required with Samba 3.0, but trying it can't hurt. . .
>
> I can't imagine that this is the point: the connection to XP with samba
> worked well with RH9 / old samba 2.x, so I think something has changed on
> the samba / linux side, pointing towards a configuration problem of the new
> samba 3.

Well, the obvious thing to do is to open a bug report at
bugzilla.redhat.com and attach both your 2.2.7 Samba configuration
file and your 3.0.0 one.  That way I have a chance of being able to
reproduce the problem here.

> Perhaps the problem will be solved when the peole will try to fix
> redhat-config-samba, which is not working properly in my case.

See if someone's already opened a bug report on it, and if not, open
one.  Unreported bugs seldom get fixed. :-(

			-- JF