configuring up2date for apt repository

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 19:33:06 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:30:55PM -0500, Justin Georgeson wrote:
> I would like to start picking up add-on packages, for example from
> freshrpms.net or livna.org. I'd prefer to stick to the apt access.
> However, I don't see apt packages on fedora.us, freshrpms.net, or
> livna.org for .94. Can I use the package of .93? Does freshrpms.net have
> repos for either beta? I couldn't find them if so.
>
> Does anyone know what to put in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to get
> up2date to pick up the add-ons from either repository?

Should be a commented out example line in the defaults sources
file, something like:

apt freshrpms-9-i386 http://ayo.freshrpms.net redhat/9/i386/ updates freshrpms

with, the approriate repos and urls and whatnot of course...

basically:

apt  channel-name  servername path repo1 repo2 repo2 ... repoN

where channel-name is a localy chose name, it doesnt really matter
as long as it's unique.

Adrian