totem

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 08:29:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 20:58, John Alexander Thacker wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 01:43:32PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Nicholas Marsh wrote :
> >
> > > Why was this not included in Fedora? Does it have questionable code?
> >
> > I don't think it couldn't be included, but as there is no MPEG, DivX etc.
> > support by default in the gstreamer shipped, having totem would seem quite
> > pointless :-/ Not to mention users complaining about "the media player not
> > working" :-(
>
> True.  Speaking of which, I hope that you, and/or whoever is making the
> rpms at rpm.livna.org, make a gstreamer-plugins-missing package, or
> something similar, that contains the plugins removed from Fedora, similar
> to the xmms-mp3 packages.  (No offense intended, but I hope it's not Dag
> that hosts the packages, since my download rate from his site is nonexistent.)

The official Gstreamer RPMs seem to have been updated for Fedora
compliance. They're only meant for RH9 though; I'm busy recompiling on
my Fedora 0.94 box right now. I will publish the resulting RPMs on my
website but bandwith is limited - anyone willing to host the packages,
please contact me.

Regards,

Michel