libgimp dependency errors

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Thu Apr 1 03:46:17 UTC 2004

Bill Nottingham wrote, On 03/30/2004 06:06 PM:
> Mark Haney (mark.haney at doctordirectory.com) said:
>
>>I just finished installing (actually upgrading FC2t1) test 2 and was
>>running up2date to get the freshest packages when I get this wierd
>>dependency error.  It seems xsane and one other app(I forget which)
>>requires the libgimp libraries.  I can't find any libgimp packages, so
>>they must be packaged under a different name.  Can someone tell me what
>>packages I need?
>

> xsane and gimp-print-<whatever> need rebuilt against the new gimp.
>
> Bill

Sorry, don't exactly understand this answer. With

yum -y --exclude gimp-print-plugin --exclude xsane-gimp update

I still get:

Resolving dependencies
.Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimp-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimp-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpbase-1.3.so.26, this is not
available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpbase-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpcolor-1.3.so.26, this is not
available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpcolor-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpmath-1.3.so.26, this is not
available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpmath-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpmodule-1.3.so.26, this is not
available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpui-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpui-1.3.so.26, this is not available.
Package gimp-print-plugin needs libgimpwidgets-1.3.so.26, this is not
available.
Package xsane-gimp needs libgimpwidgets-1.3.so.26, this is not available.

How should my yum commandline look to avoid this?

Tks,
-gene