SATA errors linger in test2

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 07:58:04 UTC 2004

Thanks for your response.

>Linux does not support winraid arrays, such as what your SATA system is
>providing.  Just straight sata access to single disks.  If you want sata
>raid, go get a hardware card from LSI (more than 2 ports) or 3ware.

Actually, I care very little that Linux can't use the SATA RAID I have at
this point in time.
I just want Fedora to boot! :D

>Your CPU supports "HyperThreading" which is a second set of processing
>gates on the physical processor.  Thus it appears to the OS as a
>multiprocessor system.  Boot the smp kernel, and cat /proc/cpuinfo

I was beginning to think it was due to hyperthreading....
Funny thing is, one of the kernels (the top one with SMP) doesn't crash my
system outright on boot when it finds the RAID. It just stops and goes
nowhere on that grey screen. The swirling dots just keep going around and
around.
The other kernel crashes the system outright at this point.

I would check /proc for the cpu information.... if I could get test2 to boot
that far....