Unknown GPG signatures

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 08:54:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 00:44, Anthony Richardella wrote:
> Should I worry about packages I download using up2date that
> give an "unknown GPG signature" error? After installing Test
> 2 and running up2date there's about 20 packages that give
> this error.

What I've done when I get those errors is I use yum to update that
particular package.

I think it's a bug in up2date - but no, don't just allow it - it may be
an indication that the package did not properly download (or that the
up2date mirror you are using was hacked - I don't know that that has
ever happened, but gpg is there to protect you when it does)

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/