Custom kernels

Valery Suhomlinov goodguy at goodguy.spb.ru
Thu Apr 1 13:15:03 UTC 2004

В сообщении от 1 Апрель 2004 16:39 Hans Engelen написал(a):

> I mean come on ... The great strenght of Linux is that you can configure
> and customize the kernel options to your personal needs. Am I to understand
> from this warning that Red Hat will refuse support to people that do so ? I
> can understand not wanting to get blamed for instabilities that might arise
> from kernels patched with unstable/untested 3rd party patches but
> customizing your .config (and recompiling) on an otherwise unalterd kernel
> source tree should be allowed no ?

Calm down, cowboy. :) I've just installed kernel*src.rpm, changed .config and
made new rpm and this way I have no annoying messages like yours :)

--
Valery Suhomlinov,
Developer, SPN Digital			mailto: goodguy at spndigital.com, goodguy at spn.ru

Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you,
and just before you realize what is wrong with it.