update or upgrade FC2T2 to release version

Thu Apr 1 16:12:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:38, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> I've always wondered if I could upgrade a rawhide to a release version but
> have never asked or tried before.  Is there a way to update or upgrade FC2T2
> to the release version when it comes out in a month or two?

It may work, but is not supported nor recommended.  Best to do a clean
install.  On the other hand, I have upgraded from RH73 through FC2T2 on
one machine, paying careful attention to obsolete packages, and it is
working.  Another that had a clean install of FC2T1 was completely hosed
and unbootable after an attempted update when the FC2T2 stuff was
hitting the mirrors.   Caveat tester.

Phil