Test 2 summary for Asus A1000

Inspired by Alan Cox Post
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-March/msg02509.htm)

First of all, English is not my natural language, so be kind.

Hardware:
Asus A1000 Laptop, Pentium III step 6, 700Mhz, 320Mb RAM, 10GB HDD

Action:
CD upgrade from FC1

Good:
 * Upgrade finished without any errors.
 * Kernel 2.6 :)
 * ACPI seams OK.
 * Gnome works fine.
 * OpenOffice looks great. Not enough testing.
 * Network: Untested but chipset sis900 detection successful.
 * General Artwork.

Not so Good:
 * Upgrade took ages!!!

Bad:
 * No sound. On board Trident detected but unable to work.
 * Touchpad unable to identify the "double tap". That's a great
inconvenience... :(
 * Had to install de SELinux rpm packages manually after the upgrade.
This could be an upgrade feature.
 * My USB 2.0 mobile disk isn't recognised.

That's it. I can't remember nothing else.
Tonight I'm going to make a fresh install. I'll let you know the result.

--
Rui Gouveia
Oporto - Portugal