Cipe?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Apr 2 20:36:18 UTC 2004

On Apr  2, 2004, Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com> wrote:

> see in Fedora, nicely integrated with system-network-config

Yeah, also, being able to independently switch separate interfaces up
or down is highly desirable to me.  E.g., my laptop has (or used to
have) multiple CIPE interfaces that were never supposed to be up at
the same time: one to connect it to my home gateway, for when I'm not
at home; one to connect it to my desktop, when my desktop is connected
to the Red Hat VPN; and one to connect directly to Red Hat.  Dag's
/etc/init.d/openvpn is an all-or-nothing thing; I'd much rather be
able to ifup or ifdown interfaces individually, as a user even.  I'll
try to play a little bit with it in the near future and come up with
something usable for me.  Hopefully openvpn supports running multiple
instances, each one controlling a separate virtual interface.