New updates (from 4/5) causing problem getting into gnome

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 06:35:12 UTC 2004

selinux has fried everything. Even when I try setenforce 0, it still pauses at
the Fedora 2 splash screen going into gnome. I realized its not a freeze
because I can press CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE. The only thing I think could have
caused this is having setenforce at 0 for a while (including to use up2date)
and then turning it back on, OR the updates from yesterday (about 12 of them).

After I press backspace, I see all these avc denied errors for
/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth

So can installing packages with setenforce=0 cause these kinda issues, or is it
probably the new sysinit stuff?

I started with selinux=0 kernel param and no problems. I think I'll leave it
with selinux off until test 3. When do you think that'll be?