SpamAssassin

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 6 08:25:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 02:22, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 05:28, Paul wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me if it's back to a usable speed or was it more an
> > Ev/SA problem?
>
> It's a SA problem - it works on mail individually and when Evolution
> calls it, it acts on your incoming mail pile, one message at a time.
> This is why CPU usage also skyrockets
> --
> Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
> http://www.bytebot.net/

Same experience here. Even with Evo 1.4.x SA is dead slow up to a point
were it is no longer acceptable. Makes you wonder why something like
DSPAM (http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/) was not included
in the distro. It's written in C, runs at the server level instead of
user level (unless you want it to), seems quite a bit faster than SA and
iirc is found to be better at filtering SPAM than SA.

Time for a change?

Regards,
Patrick