selinux breaks fish/sftp in konqueror?

Kepa kepa at oceanvoyages.com
Tue Apr 6 23:12:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

After I set grub boot for selinux=0, I found myself unable to use fish
and sftp from within konqueror (but sftp would work from within a
terminal).  Even connections to localhost would not work, no error
messages given, just hung interminably.

After re-labelling the system and setting selinux=1 I can once again use
fish/sftp.

Now, is there some way I can totally get rid of selinux? Just, gone, no
trace, and I hope to never see it again, without re-installing
everything?

I'm trying to use fc test2 as a desktop, not a server.  I realize it is
unstable, but I would like to focus on unstable desktop issues, not
server-side.  Also, it is hard to be sure if it selinux misbehaving or
something else.

I must of missed the option not to include it in the install program,
but I don't remember anything.

Not so sure why the inclusion of selinux, anyway.  If FC is supposed to
be THE linux desktop, then what need is there for excessive security
that will confuse newbies?  And as I understand it, since FC is now the
beta-test platform for redhat, who would use it as a server OS, anyway?
I will stick to RH 9 or bsd for serving, but I want to see FC the best
linux desktop out there.

Thanks,

Kepa