no 3D support in xorg-x11 packages - fact or fiction?

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 08:17:48 UTC 2004

For your (and my) grpahics cards, this is more of a job for ATI to deliver
on.
The status of Xfree86 seems up in the air at the moment (what with other
distributions refusing Xfree86 4.4.0 and sticking to 4.3 for the time being)
I think were are all in for a bit of a wait for a binary driver for xorg -
if at all.
Red Hat to be commended for being actively putting xorg through it's paces.

(Ps. if you really want to play tux racer, try out Mandrake Move. For some
reason, that live distro gets 3D working for my Radeon 9700 without me
needing to do anything!)