NFS failure

Damian Menscher menscher at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 7 20:57:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Jeff Elkins wrote:

> I'm getting failure messages on my nfs mounts i.e. :
>
> mount to NFS server 'music.elkins' failed: server is down.
>
> nsfd appears to be running and I didn't see anything suspicious in the logs.
> The servers are up and running and have other clients connected.

You didn't mention what steps you took to debug it:

Can you ping the server?
What is the output of rpcinfo -p servername?
Does the server have access restrictions (firewall, TCP Wrappers, etc)?

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| Physics Grad Student & SysAdmin @ U Illinois Urbana-Champaign |#=-
-=#| 488 LLP, 1110 W. Green St, Urbana, IL 61801 Ofc:(217)333-0038 |#=-