Spatial Nautilus or windows training

Siddharth Toshniwal tsiddharth at kodiaknetworks.com
Thu Apr 8 04:14:11 UTC 2004

>>Ummm.... I'm not sure that they have hidden context from the user.
>>Though, I have to admit that it does not seem to be that obvious.
>>

>I'm sorry, this is a non-sequitur. Statement 1 conflicts with statement
>2.

Sorry... bad phrasing I guess. What I meant to say was... the feature is
there.
Its not 'gone'. Its moved to a different location, that's all.

If the original intent of the statement was to say that the new location
is not
obvious, then we both concur. If it was to say they've taken the feature
away
itself (which is what I understood), then the statement was incorrect.

>Plus, it IS hidden. It requires a mouse click to reveal, and ONLY the
>parent folder.
>Yes, you can backtrack this way, bu only one step at a time.

There definitely is something I'm missing here.... Look at:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.6/notes/figures/nautilus-parentfolders.png

You can backtrace any number of hops at one go. With reference to
the pic I'm talking about, you can go to 'Documents', 'gnome', 'home' or '/'
So there is no question of going one at a time.... is there?

cheers,
Siddharth.

--
Siddharth Toshniwal